Washington Innovation Summit
Focused on what really makes innovation economies grow, the Washington Innovation Summit is a must-attend annual event for business, research, and economic development leaders. This day-long conference identifies effective strategies that promote high-impact job growth and provides a framework for advancing technology-based economic development in our state.
Through a combination of expert speakers and interactive panel discussions, participants in the 2012 Summit explored how we can cultivate educated, innovative talent; build on Washington's expertise in big data; and maximize innovation to strengthen our economic competitiveness and expand opportunities for our state's citizens.
- Robert D. Atkinson, President, Information Technology & Innovation Foundation and Author, Innovation Economics: The Race for Global Advantage
- Carl Imhoff, Electric Infrastructure Sector Manager, Battelle/Pacific Northwest National Laboratory
- Jay Inslee, Governor-elect, Washington State
- Jeremy Jaech, CEO, SNUPI Technologies
- Michael Kellen, Director of Technology, Sage Bionetworks
- Ed Lazowska, Bill & Melinda Gates Chair in Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington
- Shwetak Patel, Assistant Professor, Computer Science & Engineering and Electrical Engineering, University of Washington
- Brad Smith, General Counsel and Executive Vice President, Legal & Corporate Affairs, Microsoft Corporation
View our 2012 Summit photo gallery
Click on a photo below to view full-sized image and description:
Photo credits: Ashley Genevieve
2011 Innovation Summit
More than 200 people convened at the 2011 Summit to discover how innovation is changing the enterprise and our economy with leading technology, business, and policy experts. Topics included how the state is fusing support for innovation into its overall economic development strategy; how emerging information technologies are dramatically changing our economy, presenting our state with new challenges as well as exciting new opportunities; and how our industries can grow exports and strengthen global relationships.
- Hon. Jay Inslee, U.S. House of Representatives
- Jeremy Jaech, Chair, Technology Alliance
- Hon. Rob McKenna, Washington State Attorney General
- Geoffrey Moore, Author, Crossing the Chasm, Escape Velocity
- Larry Smarr, Founding Director, California Institute for Telecommunications & Information Technology
- Richard Wynne, Director, Environment & Aviation Policy, Boeing Commercial Airplanes