1. Governor Chris Gregoire and Technology Alliance Executive Director Susannah Malarkey at the VIP reception preceding the luncheon.
2. Governor Gregoire opens the luncheon with a welcome address focused on education.
3. Charles Seybold, CEO & co-founder of LiquidPlanner, accepts the Alliance of Angels Company of the Year Award from Technology Alliance board member Chad Waite, managing director at OVP Venture Partners.
4. Chad Waite shares highlights of Alliance of Angels' investment activity with the audience, including a new record-high investment total in 2010 and the fact that every company that has secured investment through AoA in the past four years is still in operation.
5. Technology Alliance Chair Jeremy Jaech focused on good-news stories emerging from Washington's innovative sectors and urged our state to make the smart decisions, especially with regard to education, that will enable our future success.
6. Technology Alliance board member Ed Lazowska, Bill & Melinda Gates Chair in Computer Science & Engineering at the University of Washington, and USA Chief Technology Officer Aneesh Chopra talk about the role of government in advancing innovation and entrepreneurship during their keynote conversation.
7. Aneesh Chopra explains one of his first assignments as the nation's first Chief Technology Officer: to figure out how to use technology to make government more transparent, participatory and collaborative.
8. Ed Lazowska asked questions submitted by the audience, on topics ranging from net neutrality, to gaming as an educational tool, to the role of state and local governments in promoting the President's innovation agenda. Aneesh Chopra says he likes the idea of using states as "laboratories of democracy" to test innovations and tap into entrepreneurial energy in ways that the federal government is unable to do in Washington D.C.
9. Seven hundred people were in the room to hear Aneesh Chopra talk about federal government initiatives like Startup America and Challenge.gov to harness the brainpower and innovation capacity of people around the country.
10. Ed Lazowska and Aneesh Chopra share a laugh onstage during their keynote conversation.
11. Jeremy Jaech and Susannah Malarkey pause for a photo op with Aneesh Chopra following the luncheon.